หน้าเว็บ

I'm Bies

I'm Bies
jim thomson farm
Powered By Blogger

รูปสวยๆ

รูปสวยๆ
beauty

วันศุกร์ที่ 4 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2553

The man with golden hands


Some people are destined for fame. But Suppachai ''A'' Srivichit is destined to make a name for others rather than himself.


Photos by YINGYONG UN-ANONGRAK
''It is like planting trees. ... I must see whether to sell the fruit, flowers or leaves. I have to find different kinds of fertilisers so that the different trees bear satisfactory results,'' said Suppachai of his career.

''I do everything possible to nurture my trees so that when people see them, they won't chop them down. Instead, they want to plant them in their own garden.''

Suppachai is an artist personal manager. The 36-year-old is very well known for his ability, his aptitude even, to create fame and fortune for an unknown person. Around 40 stars are now under his wing, including familiar names such as Patcharapa ''Aum'' Chaichuea, Natthawut ''Por'' Sakidjai, Sukollawat ''Weir'' Kanaros, Thana ''Oil'' Suttikamol, Praiya ''Poo'' Suandokmai, Tawin ''Win'' Yavapolkul and, of course, Thailand's sweetheart Mario Maurer.

The first thing 'Outlook' spotted upon meeting Suppachai at his 2-rai mansion was his genuine friendliness and hospitality. His easy-going personality was impressive especially when our photographer asked him to pose and even enter the pool despite the fact that he was wearing a casual suit and trousers. Suppachai has a good sense of humour. Interviewing him was more like having a pleasant conversation with a friend.

His verdant residence _ or empire, to be precise _ comprises four finely decorated houses encircling a large swimming pool. Each house caters to either established or soon-to-be stars who are under Suppachai's supervision. Black and white drawings of many of his artists hang on the walls and a vast array of awards stand underneath the drawings, testifying to the remarkable career achievements of Suppachai.

Though he has achieved much fame and wealth, he never forgets his origins. A native of Nakhon Si Thammarat, he recalled of one of the most exciting days in his childhood memories _ the day that he was greatly inspired to work in showbiz.

''It was when my dad bought a television,'' said Suppachai in his enthusiastic tone. ''While I was watching it, I wanted to be on it. I wanted to be a star.''

Unfortunately, his parents adhered to the traditional social view of showbiz as a bad career choice. His father was a teacher _ a government officer who believed in five socially acceptable jobs _ an engineer, a doctor, a nurse, a teacher and a pharmacist.

The young Suppachai consequently ended up enrolling at the College of Engineering, Rangsit University.

His first chance to get a little closer to the entertainment business arrived in his second year when he was offered a job as a coordinator in a modelling agency. He worked like crazy, made connections with a lot of people and, at the same time, saved up his money. It was like he was studying another interesting subject besides his full-time civil engineering course, he said.

''My family back in Nakhon Si Thammarat learned that I had a side job and people in the neighbourhood began to look down on me. But their insulting words gave me strength and courage. I told myself I would never ask for money from my family. I would create my own future. I would rather die than fail in my pursuit for the top,'' said the artist manager.

And one day his golden opportunity arrived.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น